This first set of questions are summary and overall critique (you don't have to do them all):
- Why did you pick this book?
- Give a quick overview of the characters and plot.
- What it is like to be in the “world” of this book?
- How did you feel while reading this book?
- What’s something you thought the book did really well? How was it accomplished?
- What is one thing that needs improvement in the book?
Pick one or maybe two of the following questions. Provide at least one quote/sample of the text to illustrate your idea.
- Any symbolism in the text that you found meaningful?
- What is the structure of novel: how is the plot built?
- Writing style: Is the writing style simple or complex? How does this affect the story?
- Point of view: Who is the narrator? How does that impact your understanding of character?
- Tone/Mood/Theme: what is the author's attitude toward the subject of the book and the emotions that surround the story?