Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kelly's Book 1: The Richest Man in Babylon

Dear Jenny,

The biggest challenge for me is that these are all paper books on my actual bookshelves -- I have been reading only e-books since you, yourself, made a convert out of me in May 2009. The books I grabbed for this challenge had a thick layer of dust on them and cracking them open is going to be... interesting.

So what are you going to start with? I am going to go for The Richest Man in Babylon. One, because it is the shortest and two, because I suspect it may also be the most useful.


Interesting side note: I've owned this book for over 20 years. Wow. That's a lot of traveling for a slim book to never be read. It was recommended to me in high school by one of my favorite teachers, a guy you also know: Michael Pollack. He swore by its sound financial advice.

Probably should have read it back then when I was young and still impressionable, but hey! It's never too late to learn, right?

So what's your first book?

love,
kelly

3 comments:

  1. I left a comment for this a few days ago? Did it drop down the Memory Hole?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see any lurking as an "Unpublished Comment," so it must have gotten lost in space. What was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even remember. Perhaps, I think, my amazement that you'd kept this book for 20 years. I'm sure it's the Michael Pollack effect. He was a good guy.

    ReplyDelete