Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kelly's Book 3: The Screwtape Letters

Dear Jenny,

Another book I've had on my TBR shelf for quite awhile -- college, I'm guessing. The copyright on this edition is 1982, but I'm sure I didn't buy it when I was 9, so I must have gotten it used. It's clearly never been read, so I guess the previous owner had it on their TBR pile for awhile but never got around to it.

I cannot recall exactly why I bought this book. Years ago, I saw an incredible production called "C. S. Lewis on Stage" performed by the amazing actor Tom Key, and that was probably what ignited my interest.

love,
kelly

1 comment:

  1. I was sure it must have been a "Chronicles of Narnia" thing. God, do you remember how much we loved those books?

    I have 2 students who are Harry Potter obsessed. It's really not too much of a stretch---at all!---to think that's how we would have been if those books had come out when we were in middle school.

    Perhaps we should have "throwback week" on the blog where we discuss our favorite books from middle school. I believe you know what I'm thinking of....drumroll please...House of Stairs! The Ghosts of Departure Point! Don't Care High! The Chronic-What?-Cles of Narnia.

    It would be screwball comedy, not the Screwtape Letters. Oh forget it, none of this is funny.

    Love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete